Looking for a super-easy, super delicious recipe for pork belly? Our friend Derek, better known as "The SousVideGuy" shared this recipe with us!
1lb Pork Belly
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Mirin OR substitute for 1/4 cup white wine and 1 tbs sugar
1/4 Cup Sugar
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Yield: 1lb of Pork Belly or 8 Pork Belly Bao Buns
1. Preheat water bath to 170ºF.
2. Add pork belly and remaining ingredients into a vacuum sealed bag or heavy duty Ziploc freezer bag.
3. Cook for 8-10 hours.
4. Pour the liquid from the bag into a saucepan and reduce at a simmer. This can be poured over the pork belly when serving or can be used to create Kenji's incredible pork braised mayo.
5. Remove the pork belly and slice 1/4" thick pieces. Place these on a baking sheet or broiling pan.
6. Preheat broiler on high and let cook for 3-5 minutes, or until crispy.
7. Serve with the marinade sauce as is, or create pork belly bao buns.
Pork Belly Bao Buns Recipe: Cooked pork belly, sliced 1/4" thick | Steamed bao buns | Pickles or quick cucumbers | Pork braised mayo or hoison sauce | Crushed peanuts to taste | Green onions to taste
Recipe via www.SousVideGuy.com